Are you looking for the best mattress topper for hip pain but not sure how to go about picking it? Worry not, as we have just the right buying guide for you.
Our #1 Best Topper For Hip Pain Pick:
Mattress toppers, along with comfort, can also help with other health issues. For instance, hip pain is a common issue that a lot of elderly and even younger people experience. These pains can be highly uncomfortable and restrain you from getting a good night’s sleep. Moreover, wrong bedding or bad sleeping posture can end up aggravating your hips even further.
We completely understand the concerns that surround the purchase of a mattress topper, especially when it can end up affecting your health. Thus, the purpose of this article is to guide you through finding the best mattress topper for hip pain.
Our top picks for the best mattress topper for hip pain
|#||Product Name||Our Rating||Product Link|
|1||Linenspa Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper|
|2||LUCID Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper|
|3||Sleep Innovations 4-inch Dual Layer Gel Memory Foam|
|4||Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress Topper|
|5||Milemont Mattress Topper|
|6||ViscoSoft 4inches Serene Dual Layer Bed Topper|
Things to consider when looking for a mattress topper
There are a few things to consider while purchasing a mattress topper that suits your requirements. Each topper comes with different features. However, it is essential to understand which one would help you the most. Here is a list of considerations while looking for the best mattress topper:
1. The right material
Mattress toppers are available in material like latex, memory foam, cotton, wool, or polyester. However, the most common ones are latex and memory foam. These two provide more firm support to the body. These materials are also more durable than others.
Especially for muscular pains, memory foam should be the top choice.
2. The thickness of the topper
Typically, the thickness of the mattress topper ranges from 1 inch to 4 inches. The thickness depends on the purpose of use. A thin topper will only add some cushiness to the existing mattress. On the other hand, a thicker topper will provide much more support and comfort. These are more reliable when the existing mattress is uncomfortable or uneven.
3. Density and Ventilation
Another point to consider is the density of the mattress. The density has multiple purposes. A denser topper provides extra support to the body. It is more useful for people with heavier bodyweight. The denser topper is also helpful in retaining the body heat on the surface. Hence, it can be used in chilly areas.
On the other hand, lower dense toppers have more room for ventilation. The pores allow the movement of body heat to prevent overheating.
Therefore, the end purpose should be kept in mind while considering this feature. A good choice of product will be the one that maintains a balance in the density.
Price is another deciding factor while purchasing a mattress topper. The topper price should be true to its value-addition. Toppers are relatively cheaper than mattresses, and hence, act as an alternative for a mattress with the same features.
However, the price may vary with the features of the topper. Some of these features are thickness, variations in infusion, or density.
5. Maintenance and Portability
This is a minor point in the list of considerations, but of great use. Things like weight, warranty, and maintenance add to the ease of use. A light-weight mattress topper is easy to move from one place to another. It is also easy to fold and store, if not in use.
The next point is the warranty. The more years of the warranty being provided by the manufacturer, the better. Hence, you should have a brief look and the warranty timeline and conditions before purchasing the topper.
A certification provides authenticity to any product. It helps in ascertaining the adherence to quality standards. Hence, it is essential to purchasing a product; in this case, the mattress topper, with relevant certifications.
For the mattress topper, the CertiPUR-US® standards are the most widely used certification. Therefore, make sure that your topper carries this certification.
The list of the best mattress topper for back pain
The Linenspa mattress topper is one of the most popular items in this category. It is a trusted brand with a high customer base. This mattress topper especially has features for pressure relieving. The topper evenly distributes body weight and eases pressure points.
The topper is made from 100 Percent Polyurethane Memory Foam and has seven size variants. These sizes are – Twin, Twin XL, Full, Full XL, Queen, RV Queen, King, California King. Variants are required for helping the topper fit perfectly on top of the mattress. The availability of these variants is also responsible for making this the most recommended product.
Moreover, the topper is available in a variation of 2” and 3” height for providing a choice to the customer. The plush memory foam topper is infused with gel beads, to regulate body heat. It is a great product to rejuvenate and soften old mattresses and prolong their lifespan.
- Highly affordable
- Provides firm support to the body
- Eases pressure points with its design
- Might cause difficulty to regulate body heat with higher body weight
- Product Dimensions: 52.5 x 74 x 3 inch
- Item Weight: 14.08 pounds
- Fill material: Gel, memory foam
- It is Certi-Pur certified
- Includes three-year manufacturer warranty
This product is among the best mattress topper for back pain. The topper is made of premium quality memory foam. The topper adds softness to the mattress, providing pressure relief in the knees, shoulders, and hips.
Moreover, the Lucid mattress topper is available in multiple infusions like gel-infused, lavender-infused, and bamboo charcoal infused. The gel-infused memory foam is the most popular for cooling down the body. It is extremely comfortable and airy.
The topper is available in 2″ and 3″ height and seven different sizes. The size variants are – Twin, Twin XL, Full, Full XL, Queen, King, California King. These variations make the topper user-specific and highly recommendable. Also, the sizes have the highest variations as compared to other brands.
- It is quite useful in preventing overheating
- Improves airflow and maintains sleeping climate
- The design and material provides ease from back pain
- Might be too soft for some people
- Not water resistant
- Product Dimensions: 19.75 x 14.5 x 14.75 inches
- Item Weight: 14 pounds
- Fill material: Gel, Memory Foam
- Three years manufacturer warranty
- The product is CertiPUR-US certified for performance and safety
The Sleep Innovations mattress topper is one of the most comfortable mattresses for back pain. The topper is 4-inches thick, which is the highest depth available in the market. The topper has a dual layer of quilted fiberfill and gel memory foam. This dual-layer adds extra support and comfort to the mattress.
Moreover, the topper has some unique features that make it stand out from the rest. The topper comes with a washable cover. This increases the ease of maintenance by manifolds. Another quality is the hypoallergenic nature of the topper. This eliminates allergens and keeps the bed fresh.
- Available with a washable cover
- Regulates body heat
- It is hypoallergic, which helps to protect from bacteria and allergens
- The double-layer provides extra comfort
- The topper initially has a strong chemical smell, which fades eventually
- The topper is of medium density
- Product Dimensions: 75 x 54 x 4 inches
- Item Weight: 19.62 pounds
- Fill material: Gel memory foam + Down alternative fiberfill
- Includes ten-year limited manufacturer warranty
- Foam made in the US
- Features Certi-PUR certification
The Zinus mattress topper is another great choice for your mattresses. The unique green-tea infused memory foam mattress provides freshness to the mattress. The topper uses green tea extracts and castor natural seed oil that helps in eliminating odor and bacteria.
Moreover, the topper is available in quite a few variations for its thickness and size. The height variants are 1.5”, 3” and 4”. Whereas the sizes are available in Twin, Full, Queen, King, and Short Queen.
- Light-weight and comfortable
- The infusion helps to absorb moisture and eliminate odor
- Highly affordable
- The topper requires 48 hours for expansion
- The smallest height does not add much comfort
- Product Dimensions: 73 x 52 x 3 inches
- Item Weight: 6.11 pounds
- Fill material: Memory foam
- Includes five-year limited warranty
- It is Certi-PUR certified for durability. Performance and content
Milemont is a well-known company for bed accessories. The mattress topper from Milemont is quite comfortable and soft. Made with plush memory foam, the topper is infused with gel beads for temperature regulation. Other than that, the blue design of the topper adds aesthetics to the bedroom, while also calming your nerves.
The mattress topper is available in 2″ and 3″ sizes that hug your body while you sleep. There are four main size variants available for the product, namely Twin, Full, Queen, and King. The product comes with a five year warranty period.
- Pressure-relieving memory foam
- Cooling gel helps regulate temperature
- Soft and comfortable
- The mattress is not available in XL sizes
- Product Dimensions: 74x 52.5x 3 inch
- Item Weight: 8.8 pounds
- Fill material: Gel memory foam
- The product is CertiPUR-US Certified
- Includes ventilation holes in the design
To break it down, the topper has 2.5 inches of gel-infused memory foam. The next 1.5″ is a plush down alternative pearl fiber. The two layers balance softness and comfort to get rid of body pain and soreness.
Moreover, the topper has a removable and washable cover pad to enhance convenience. The topper has a lifespan of 9 years and comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Another unique feature is the elastic skirts for holding the topper position. Most toppers tend to slide away at night, causing some amount of discomfort. This topper eliminates this issue with the straps that hold it in position.
- Easily returnable if not likable
- Plush quilted alternative cover
- Great breathability and comfort
- Hypoallergenic and machine washable
- Includes elastic straps and skirts
- Might be too soft for some users
- Heavy in weight
- Product Dimensions: 75 x 54 x 4 inches
- Item Weight: 22 pounds
- Fill material: Gel memory foam + Down alternative fiber fill
- CertiPUR-US certified for comfort and balance
- 5-year warranty for manufacturing defects
Q. How does mattress topper help with my back pain?
- In most cases, an uncomfortable mattress aggravates muscle soreness, back, or shoulder pains. The mattress might be too old and has gotten out of shape with time. Here, the mattress topper acts as a savior.
Though a topper might not be the go-to solution to eliminate back pain, the right one does tend to minimize it.
Q. What is the main element for mattress topper specifically for back pain?
- Topper density plays a huge role in selecting the right topper. A low-density topper means that the body does not get enough support for alignment. This makes the body sink into the topper, de-shaping the spine, which can worsen the pain.
On the other hand, an extremely dense topper might not allow any movement at all, causing the body to get stiff. This will also have adverse effects on the pain. Hence, a medium-density mattress should do the job.
Q. What is the most appropriate material of topper for back pain?
- The memory foam is the most appropriate material to use in case of back pain. Memory foams tend to adjust to the body structure to provide better support. These hug the body and distribute the weight evenly throughout the topper. Other than this, a latex topper can also work to some extent.
Q. How much does ventilation matter in the case of a mattress topper?
- Airflow is a basic requirement for the body. Especially, while sleeping, the body is in self-healing mode and requires more oxygen. Hence, a better-ventilated topper is better than a poorly ventilated topper any day. You will end up having an over-heating problem without sufficient airflow in the topper.
However, the ventilation should balance the density. The air pores should not compromise the density of the topper.
Q. Does thickness matter in a mattress topper?
- The thickness of the topper does matter to the overall quality of the topper. A thicker topper is capable of providing extra cushiness and comfort to the sleeper. It is more useful for people who sleep on their backs or with heavier weight.
A think topper only adds limited softness to the mattress. It does provide additional airflow though. Therefore, sleeping patterns and body weight should be taken into consideration while deciding on the thickness of the mattress topper.
We are happy to see than you realize the importance of sleeping right. A good sleeping etiquette not only improves your sleep but also improves the health of individuals. For a good night’s sleep, things like room temperature, mattress quality, and pillows matter a lot. Especially, for people experiencing back pain, these things should be kept in mind.